And the Little Library at Butlin's
It’s never too soon to start sharing books with your little one, in fact, the earlier the better. Our partners at Campbell Books
, specialist maker of books for children aged 0-5, have shared their top 10 tips for sharing books with your babies and toddlers.
1. Get comfortable when reading. Curl up on a sofa, in a chair or on a cushion and be close to your little one
2. Share books with your children as frequently as you can. Try to fit in some time every day if possible – even if it’s just one quick story
3. Sometimes just a few minutes is long enough – your little one will let you know when it’s time to stop
4. Point to the pictures as you read – soon babies will realise that words and pictures work together
5. Encourage children to join in with reading the book – let them try turning the pages, explore the push and pull tabs and lift the flaps
6. Children love repetition, so get ready to read their favourite books over and over again!
7. Never go out without a book. Add it to your list of essential items, alongside their favourite toys
8. Enrol your child at the local library and encourage them to choose their own books as soon as they can – many libraries run Baby Bounce and Story Time sessions
9. Find books which are tough enough to live in the toy box where they won’t be forgotten – check out the list below for some recommendations
10. Enjoy the whole experience – there’s no right or wrong to sharing books!